Greenwich CT Notes

1. Greenwich CT

I talked to Charles Stone on the phone about January 2010.

Their SeniorNet lab has twelve 20" iMacs, set up using BootCamp & Parallels to be able to run Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7, plus the Mac operating system.

Their SeniorNet lab is located in the Greenwich Senior Center.

They find most of their demand is for the entry-type courses (like us), and they have observed that demand for classes seems to be getting somewhat less than several years ago (like us).

Charles sent me an outline for the Mac course they teach there. The stuff he sent me is enclosed below as E-N-C-L-O-S-U-R-E A.

Note Charles also has videos on YouTube, which you can find by searching for user "cstone3". I believe Charles is in his eighties. I think he told me that his father lived to be in the high nineties, so Charles is still "going strong".


=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
=-=- E-N-C-L-O-S-U-R-E A - - From CT S'net, via Charles Stone
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=


At 3:25 PM -0500 2/23/10, Charles Stone wrote:

Enjoyed our talk yesterday-- it sounds like we are all facing similar enrollment deficiencies--


This is our website:
http://www.greenwichseniornet.community.officelive.com/.

This is the most recent handout:

Class handout for the Mac beginner class--It is my practice to correct, add and change my handouts after almost every class per thoughts and questions that arise as I go along. This one needs a bit of re-sequencing re the first part...Much of it is only an outline of the subjects we cover...